Friday, April 26, 2013

Why is Gym Important?



                             
According to cdc.gov 18.4 percent of 12-19 year olds are obese. Do you want to be in that 18.4 percent? I know that I wouldn’t. That is why gym is so important to me. Not only does it help you be healthy it also provides many other things. For me the biggest two things are Health and Enjoyment/social interaction. These are very important to be healthy and spend time with my friends. But most importantly don’t you want to live longer.

First of all is health. Like I said being healthy is really important. Why is it so important? Because if you are not healthy you might get bullied or not be able to do things you want to. But if you are healthy that great and nothing is bad about being healthy. Just think about say you wanted to play a sport but weren’t healthy you probably wouldn’t be able to play that sport. Also not just playing a sport. But you can die much earlier if you are not healthy. If you are not healthy you have a higher risk of cancer, stroke, high blood pressure and many more things. I don’t know about you but I want to live a long time and still play sports and play with my grandkids when I’m 50 or 60.

Lastly the last reason is enjoyment/social interaction. I love playing sports and being with my friends because it’s what I like to do. Playing basketball is my favorite thing to do and I love playing it. But it’s not only playing it I basically live around basketball 50% of what  read and write about is about basketball. I’m not a person who likes to sit around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment