Monday, June 10, 2013

Freedom

They are coming again. The only thing I have left to live for is my baby girl. It feels like every 3 minutes they keep coming. How long will I be able to protect us? Over 10,000 of them and 1 of me and a 11 month old girl. But let’s be realistic, she’s only 11 months, she stands no chance against an army of vicious brain suckers. All we have is my 1994 Ford 150, a shotgun with about a hundred shot’s left, and a  couple of leftover Twinkies in the back seat. What are the odds we beat this out? Just as I am thinking about what to do she yells. I fear for the worst,  but it’s even worse than I anticipated.  They attack in packs. All wanting our flesh.  Knowing if they kill us it will be over and they can take over North America. Shelter is  are our only hope. We sprint to the car as we get in. I slam the peddle crushing 20 zombies. We realize we still need food and gas just to get through the night.

We drive for roughly 30 miles until we reach Pennsylvania,  that’s when we find a actual working gas station and food inside. We are ecstatic to refuel and get a bite to eat.  But then I feared the zombies come down the street. Without hesitation I slam my foot down on the peddle. Our final destination is Newark, New Jersey: that’s where my  great uncle has a airplane locked up and if we can reach that we will be able to fly to Europe were there hasn’t been any zombie attacks.  

We drove for 5 hours before running out of gas. We were about 30 minutes from Philly. The journey won’t be at all  easy. We have to go through New York which has approximately 300,000 zombies throughout the whole city. After refueling, we take off and plan to stop about 10 miles before New York in Brooklyn.
“NO!” I scream in sheer terror. As we cross the Brooklyn bridge about 200 zombies are charging. I am now going about 100 MPH as we cross threw the first herd of zombies. But that was easy. Then the worst thing possible happens. Our only thing between us and the zombie is our car and it starts burning out of its fuel. 

We come to a stop in the middle of the street, I keep my hand on the lock button preparing for an attack.  Suddenly, they break through my back seat window and start packing themselves inside. I now realize what little hope we have left. They now have my daughter, my little baby girl, my prized possession, my reason to live. They carry her out and one of the zombies jumps off the bridge and into the rushing water of the bridge below while holding her in his grasps. I dodge all the zombies in my way and run off the bridge with little hope that I will actually save her.  In mid air, I start crying and realize that this is my last chance I have  to save her.  As I hit the water I feel a burning sensation in my limbs: the water is ice cold and makes all my muscles stiffen.  I push through the pain and swim with all my might. Finally, after 40 yds I catch up to the zombie who has my baby. I get closer and slam into him into the rocks near the shore. Jessica squeals and wiggles out of the zombies grasp and I swim over to her. I get there just in time and check on her.  Thankfully she is breathing, but she doesn’t have much time.


We hop onto the boat. The moment of truth. I attempt to start it and thankfully the keys are in the ignition and the engine roars to life. We get all the way to the river by Newark. When we get there I was trying to find were I should park and get out. But I wasn’t sure were the shed with the plan was. Then I hear a splash. My heart drops as I look for Jessica. She is gone I look around. Then I see a head bobbing by shore I leap. Once I reach the head it’s Jessica. I pray she is breathing I swim to shore. I check her she isn’t breathing. My heart sinks. I begin to panic. I start CPR I have never done it before. I trying blowing air in her mouth she starts gasping. I don’t know what to do. I hold tight and run. Trying to find the way.  I eventually  find it the garage. We hop on the plane it has plenty of gas and I have my pilots license. I finally sigh in relief the horror is over. Once we land it Europe, we are free from all craziness at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment